What is a Washington Private Investigative Agency Bond?
Get to know the how-to of this bond!
Any Private Investigative Agency applying for a license in the State of Washington is required to furnish a surety bond by the Washington State Department of Licensing in pursuance of Chapter 18.165.100 of the Revised Code of Washington.
The purpose of this bond is to financially cover the outcome of any misconduct that the Private Investigative Agency might commit while it is conducting its business licensed under the RCW above chapter.
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount is $10,000.
Those who have excellent credit scores may qualify for a very low bond premium or just 1% of the bond amount!
Find out what needs to pay by getting your FREE quote here!
What are the bond conditions?
- The bond will be a legally binding agreement between these three main parties:
Principal – The Private Investigative Agency applying for the license
Obligee – The State of Washington
Surety – the surety bond company that will issue the bond
- The surety bond company should be authorized to do business in the State of Washington such as Surety Bond Authority
- The Private Investigative Agency License applicant is obligated to comply with the provisions of Chapter 18.165 of the Revised Code of Washington, all rules and regulations adopted by the Director of the Department of Licensing, and all the other rules that govern Private Investigative Agencies in Washington
- If the Private Investigative Agency commits a violation, the aggrieved party may be eligible to file a claim on the bond
- In case of cancellation, a 10-day notice is required
How can I obtain a Washington Private Investigative Agency Bond?
Seek the assistance of a reliable surety bond company that is authorized to do business in Washington such as Surety Bond Authority.
We will first ask you to submit an application for a Private Investigative Agency bond.
Once you have applied for the bond, you will be requested by one of our expert surety bond agents to gather the necessary information needed such as, but not limited to, your job performance history, financial strength, and credit score. An underwriter will evaluate all those information.
Once done, we will then execute your bond and send it to you!
What else are the other requirements to become a licensed Private Investigative Agency in Washington?
- Unarmed license – the applicant should be at least 18 years old
- Armed license – the applicant should be at least 21 years old
- Must be a lawful citizen of the United States or a legal alien
- Your office must be located within the State of Washington
- You must not hold any prior criminal convictions that are related to the duties of a public investigator
- Complete and submit the Business Application form
- Pay the necessary fees:
$600 – Private Investigator Agency with unarmed principal
$700 – Private Investigator Agency with armed principal
$200 – Unarmed Private Investigator
$100 – Armed Private Investigator
Need this bond immediately? Call us today!