What is Utah Notary Public Bond?
Know the what, how, and who is this bond today!
The commission of an individual as a notary public is deemed effective when he or she has filed a surety bond to the Lieutenant Governor of Utah.
The surety bond requirement is enforced by the Office of the Utah Lieutenant Governor by Title 46 Chapter 1 Section 4 of the Utah Code Annotated or the Notaries Public Reform Act.
A Notary Public is a person who is commissioned to perform notarial acts such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Administers an oath or affirmation
- Certifies or attests a copy
- Confirms that an event has happened
- Verifies that an act has been performed
- Taking an acknowledgment
- Carries out a verification upon oath or affirmation
- Be a witness or attest to a signature
- Receives a protest of a negotiable instrument
What is the bond amount?
$5,000 – Notary Public Bond
$10,000 – Notary Bond plus Errors and Omissions Insurance 4-year Policy
If you have an excellent credit score, you may be eligible to pay a very low bond premium! Find out you need to pay for this bond today! Get your FREE quote here!
What are the Notary Public Bond conditions?
- The bond should be issued by a corporate surety who is authorized to conduct business within the state and is licensed by the Utah Department of Insurance
- The surety bond should be approved by the Lieutenant Governor of Utah
- The Notary Public is obligated to comply with the provisions of Title 46 Chapter 1 of the Utah Code Annotated or the Notaries Public Reform Act, the rules and regulations set forth by the Lieutenant Governor of Utah, and all the other applicable rules
- If the Notary Public commits a valid violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the bond
- The surety bond will run concurrently with the Notary Public’s 4-year commission
How can I obtain a Utah Notary Public Bond?
To secure this type of bond, the Notary Public applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond.
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate your financial strength, job/business performance history, and your credit score.
Once the prequalification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
Are you ready to start on your bond? Apply here today!