What are Georgia Alcohol License Bonds?
A quick guide to this important alcohol license requirement!
These are surety bonds that are required by alcohol manufacturers, retailers, and wholesalers who are applying for an initial state alcohol license, as well as those who are renewing their licenses.
The surety bonds are set in place to secure the proper payment of taxes. If the licensee fails to fulfill the said obligation, the Georgia Department of Revenue will be able to collect the unpaid taxes through the bond.
The types of licenses that should be accompanied by a surety bond are the following:
- Alcohol Manufacturer’s License – Brokers, Brewery, Brewpub, Distillery, Farm Winery, Importers, Winery
- Alcohol Retailer’s License – Consumption on Premises, Retail Package
- Alcohol Renewal License – Wholesaler
What are the Alcohol License Bond amounts?
- Liquor Broker Bond – $2,500
- Brewery: Malt Beverage Bond Performance & Tax Liability Bond – $5,000
- Brewpub Performance & Tax Liability Bond – the bond amount should be the brewpub licensee’s estimated tax liability for the 1st year of operation
- Liquor Manufacturer/Distillery Bond – $10,000
- Farm Winery: Wine Performance & Tax Liability Bond – $5,000
- Importers: Malt beverage Bond Performance & Tax Liability Bond – $5,000
- Winery: Wine Performance & Tax Liability Bond – $5,000
- Retailers: Consumption on Premises Liquor License Performance and Tax Liability Bond – $2,500
- Retail Package: Liquor Bond – $2,500
Malt Beverage Wholesalers Bond – Varies
Wine Wholesalers Bond – Varies
Distilled Spirits Wholesalers Bond – Varies
Those who have excellent credit scores will be eligible to pay a very low bond premium!
If you want to find out what you need to pay, GET YOUR FREE QUOTE HERE today!
How can I get an Alcohol License Bond?
STEP 1: Apply for the bond
You need to submit a bond application to us. If you’re ready to apply now, you may do so HERE!
STEP 2: Underwriting
We will ask you for a couple of important information needed for the bond. This will include the following:
- Your financial history
- Business performance history
- Tax payment history
- Your credit score
An underwriter will carefully evaluate all those.
STEP 3: Bond execution
Once the underwriter is done with the underwriting process, we will immediately issue the bond and send it to you!
What are the bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a surety bond agent or company that is authorized to do business in the State of Georgia
- The surety bond should be made payable to the State of Georgia
- The licensee is obligated to comply with the provisions of Title 3 of the Georgia Code, the rules and regulations of the Georgia Department of Revenue, and all the other relevant rules
- If the licensee fails to pay the full amount of the taxes on time, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
- The license applicant may submit an annual or multi-year (up to 5 years) bond.
Ready to apply? START HERE!