What is an Alabama Notary Public Bond?
A quick guide on how to acquire this surety bond for notaries public in Alabama!
FACT: Since 2012, the duties of a notary public in Alabama will not be limited to his or her county of residence. The appointed notaries public can extend the scope of their duties throughout the state.
But before you can do that, you must submit a surety bond first.
Any person who has been appointed or commissioned by the probate judge of his or her county as a notary public in Alabama is required to post a surety bond.
The surety bond will serve as an assurance that the notary public will do all of the following in a lawful manner:
- Administer oaths
- Certify proof of instruments relating to commerce or navigation
- Demand payment of writings that are governed by commercial law such as promissory notes or bills of exchange
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount is $25,000.
Those who have excellent credit scores will be eligible to pay a low bond premium or just 1% of the bond amount!
If you want to know what you need to pay right now, GET YOUR FREE QUOTE HERE!
What are the Notary Public Bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a surety bond agent or company that is authorized to conduct business in Alabama
- The surety bond should be made payable to the State of Alabama
- The surety bond should be approved by the probate judge of the notary public’s county of residence
- The appointed notary public is obligated to comply with the provisions of Title 36 Chapter 20 of the Code of Alabama, the rules set forth by the Alabama Secretary of State, and all the other applicable rules
- If the appointed notary public commits a valid violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
- The surety bond will run concurrently with the notary public’s 4-year term
How can I obtain a Notary Public Bond?
You can easily get this type of bond from us! Don’t worry. We will guide you through the whole process. We will make sure that you will understand what you will be getting into.
First, you need to submit an application.
If you are ready to do that now, you may APPLY HERE!
Once we have received your application, we will ask you to provide us with some important information needed for the underwriting process. These will include the following:
- Your financial history
- Your business history
- Your credit score
An underwriter will carefully evaluate all the information that you will give us. Once this process has been fulfilled, we will immediately issue the bond and send it to you!
Need more information about this bond? Talk to one of our experts at 800-333-7800!