What is a Wyoming Notary Bond?
In order for a notarial commission to become active in the State of Wyoming, the Notary Public is required by the Secretary of State to secure a surety bond. The surety bond is mandated by § 32-1-104 of the Wyoming Statutes Annotated.
The purpose of the bond is to ensure that the individual will fulfill the following roles in a proper manner:
- Administers an oath or affirmation
- Certifies or attests a copy
- Confirms that an event has happened
- Verifies that an act has been performed
- Taking an acknowledgment
- Carries out a verification upon oath or affirmation
- Be a witness or attest to a signature
- Receives a protest of a negotiable instrument
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount is $500.
Those who have excellent credit scores may qualify for a very low bond premium. The bond premium starts at just $50!
Find out what you need to pay by getting your FREE quote here!
What are the bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a corporate surety who is authorized to conduct business in the State of Wyoming such as Surety Bond Authority
- The surety bond should be approved by the Wyoming Secretary of State
- The Notary Public is obligated to comply with the provisions of § 32-1 of the Wyoming Statutes Annotated, the rules and regulations set forth by the Wyoming Secretary of State, and all the other rules that govern notary publics in Wyoming
- If the Notary Public commits a valid violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the bond
- The applicant should file the surety bond within 60 days after issuance of the Commission
How can I obtain a Notary Public Bond?
To secure this type of bond, the Notary Public applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond.
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job performance history
- Your credit score
Once the pre-qualification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
If you need further information about this bond, do call one of our surety bond experts today at 800-333-7800! We’ll be happy to assist you!