What is a Virginia Lost Instrument Bond?
Get replacements for your important lost instruments through this bond!
What is a Lost Instrument bond?
It is an important requirement that will be submitted to issuing authorities who will replace the lost financial instrument.
The purpose of this surety bond is to indemnify any person or persons who will lay claim on the replaced instrument. The surety bond will provide protection to the issuing authority as well.
This type of surety bond will also act as an assurance that the Principal (the person who bought the bond) will surrender the new instrument to the issuing authority or surety for proper disposal in the event that the lost instrument has been found.
Instruments are legal documents that have financial value. Some examples of these so-called important instruments are as follows:
- Stock Certificate
- Real Estate Certificates
- Certificate of Deposit
- Treasury Bills
- Bond Futures
- Cashier’s Check
What is the Lost Instrument Bond amount?
The bond amount varies widely. The surety bond premium, however, will depend on the value of the instrument, as well as your credit score.
Instruments that have a value of $5,000 or less can have a surety bond premium of $100.
For instruments that have more than $5,000 in value, the surety bond premium that you need to pay will be $20 per one thousand.
GET YOUR FREE SURETY BOND QUOTE TODAY!
How can I get a Lost Instrument Bond?
You can easily get this surety bond from us! We will guide you through the entire process. We’ll make sure that you will understand what you are getting into.
Here’s how to do get bonded:
- You have to send an application to us. If you are ready to do that now, you may APPLY HERE!
- After we have received your application, we will ask you to submit the necessary information needed for the underwriting process. These are the following:
- Your financial capability
- Your business or job performance history
- Your credit score
An expert underwriter will carefully evaluate all three in order to attain the best credit decision possible. To avoid any delay, the information that you should submit should be organized and concise.
- Your surety bond will be issued and sent to you!
What is the process of replacing a lost instrument?
This will vary per issuing authority. Each has their own set of rules regarding instrument replacement. However, there are some common factors in this process such as the following:
- You must submit an affidavit stating all pertinent facts about the lost instrument
- You will have to submit a written statement about the circumstances of the lost instrument
- You will be asked to submit proof of identity
- You must submit a surety bond