South Carolina Lost Instrument Bond
Get replacements for your important lost instruments through this bond!
Have you lost an important instrument? Worry not! We’ve got you covered through this surety bond!
Learn more about how this surety bond can help you get a replacement for your instrument below!
What is a Lost Instrument Bond?
Issuing authorities will require you to submit this type of surety bond before they will issue a replacement for your valuable instrument.
The purpose of this surety bond is to protect them in case another person files a claim on the instrument that has been replaced.
This type of surety bond will also act as an assurance that you will surrender the new instrument to the issuing authority or surety for proper disposal if you’ve found the instrument that went missing.
Instruments are legal documents that have financial value. Some examples of these so-called important instruments are as follows:
- Cashier’s Check
- Bond Futures
- Real Estate Certificates
- Certificate of Deposit
- Treasury Bills
- Stock Certificate
What is the Lost Instrument Bond amount?
The bond amount varies widely. The surety bond premium, however, will depend on the value of the instrument, as well as your credit score.
Instruments that have a value of $5,000 or less can have a surety bond premium of $100.
For instruments that have more than $5,000 in value, the surety bond premium that you need to pay will be $20 per one thousand.
How can I get a Lost Instrument Bond?
You can easily get this surety bond from us! We will guide you through the entire process. We’ll make sure that you will understand what you are getting into.
Here’s how to do get bonded:
- You have to send an application to us. If you are ready to do that now, you may APPLY HERE!
- After we have received your application, we will ask you to submit the necessary information needed for the underwriting process. These are the following:
- Your business or job performance history
- Your financial capability
- Your credit score
An expert underwriter will carefully evaluate all three to attain the best credit decision possible. To avoid any delay, the information that you should submit should be organized and concise.
- Your surety bond will be issued and sent to you!
What is the process of replacing a lost instrument?
This will vary per issuing authority. Each has its own set of rules regarding instrument replacement. However, there are some common factors in this process such as the following:
- You will be asked to submit proof of identity
- You must submit a surety bond
- You will have to submit a written statement about the circumstances of the lost instrument
- You must submit an affidavit stating all pertinent facts about the lost instrument