What is a Pennsylvania License to Resell Amusement Tickets Bond?
Any person or business that wants to engage in the resale of amusement tickets must file a surety bond as a license requirement before being able to conduct business in Pennsylvania.
The License to Resell Amusement Tickets Bond is a guarantee that amusement ticket resellers will faithfully and honestly comply with the laws and provisions set by the Commonwealth. It ensures that any violations committed by the reseller, such as fraud, dishonesty or misrepresentation, will enable the harmed parties to be financially compensated.
The place of amusement refers to any location, indoor or outdoor, within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, where the public may attend or engage in amusement activities, upon paying the price for the admission tickets.
The Licensor, which is the receiver of taxes of the City of Philadelphia and the County Treasurers of the counties in Pennsylvania, will issue the license to resell amusement tickets. Licenses expire on December 31 following the date the license was issued. Reselling of tickets must be done in one place of amusement only.
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount is $1,000.
The cost of the bond is a percentage of the bond amount. It usually ranges from 1%-5% and serves as your bond premium. The cost may be subjected to a surety underwriter’s assessment of your credit score.
How do I get a License to Resell Amusement Tickets Bond?
You can easily get this surety bond from us! We will guide you through the entire process. We’ll make sure that you will understand what you are getting into.
Here’s how to do get bonded:
- You have to send an application to us. If you are ready to do that now, you may APPLY HERE!
- After we have received your application, we will ask you to submit the necessary information needed for the underwriting process. These are the following:
- Your credit score
- Your copy of the BOND FORM, which can be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
An expert underwriter will carefully evaluate these to attain the best credit decision possible. To avoid any delay, the information that you should submit should be organized and concise.
3. Your surety bond will be issued and sent to you!
What are the bond conditions?
- The Surety must be authorized to transact business in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- The bond must be conditioned upon the Principal’s (amusement ticket reseller) faithful observance of the provisions of the Resale Amusement Ticket Law, Act of May 2,
- 1947, P. L. 143, as amended, and Department of Revenue regulations.
- The bond must remain in effect until the license expires.
- The bond must be available for inspection while being held by the licensor and must be turned over to the County District Attorney or City Solicitor for collection, should the license be revoked or the bond forfeited.
- The aggregate liability of the Surety will not exceed the full sum of the bond.
Need a License to Resell Amusement Tickets Bond? Please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-33-7800 today!