Oregon Motor Vehicle Inspection Program Bond - $1,000
What is the Oregon Motor Vehicle Inspection Program Bond?
The Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 468A.350 to 468A.400 calls for vehicle inspection companies meaning to operate in the state to secure proper permits with the Department of Environmental Quality to apply for standard quality motor vehicle emission control inspections. Consequentially, applicants must hire the services of licensed Emission Control Inspectors in their operation or train individuals for the position.
Pursuant to ORS 468.390, the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality is responsible for issuing Certificates of Compliance following emission quality standards. The total bond amount for corporate vehicle inspectors is $1,000 and must be settled prior their formal operations. The bond is a a pre-licensing requirement imposed by the State of Oregon as a form insurance.
Why do you need an Oregon Motor Vehicle Dismantler Bond?
The State of Oregon imposes strict licensing regulations for vehicle inspectors to assure their services meet standards prescribed by the Department of Environmental Quality. Among the requirements is a bond in the amount of $1,000 that will be used to protect the state and the people from potential hazards of the business or in the event the permittee defaults.
Apart from the mandatory legal compliance, securing your own licensing bond also ensures:
- Clients are completely safe and secure under your agency
- Your credibility is boosted in terms of financial security
- You are able to use your full line of credit
- The confidentiality of your activities (unless requested by legal authorities)
- Your access to professional advice counseling from lawyers, estimators, and similar professionals.
More details about the Oregon Motor Vehicle Inspection Program Bond
The Oregon Motor Vehicle Inspection Program Bbond must be filed with Oregon’s Department of Environmental Quality and must be issued by a surety bond provider certified by the state’s Insurance Department. The parties in the agreement are:
- Principal (vehicle inspectors or permittee)
- Obligee (State of Oregon)
- Surety/Bond Company or Obligor (surety bond provider)
How much does an Oregon Motor Vehicle Inspection Program Bond cost?
The cost of the Oregon Motor Vehicle Dismantler Bond is typically around $100. Although the State of Oregon does not conduct a credit check, the surety carrier will conduct their own background check in the underwriting process.
Want to know you standing? Visit here today to get a quote!
How do I obtain this bond?
At Surety Bond Authority, we are dedicated to help you get your bond the fast and easy way. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started.
To secure your bond, be sure to transact with a reputable surety company early. If you are ready to get yours processed today, you can APPLY HERE. Rest assured our expert surety bond agent will guide you from the time of your application until the issuance of your bond.
- Completed bond application form (to be provided by our trusted surety agents)
- Bond forms (as designed and mandated by the state regulation department)
- Financial documents (this includes your bank account statements, sources of income, balance sheets, personal and business capital, escrow accounts, etc.)
- Other requirements as prescribed (seller’s permit, facility permit to legally conduct business, etc.)
In the assessment phase, our underwriter will need the following information:
- Nature of your business
- Credit Score
- Financial strength
For the speedy processing of your application, ensure you have gathered and provided accurate information upon submission.
Once the assessment is done, we will promptly issue your bond and send it your way. Contact us today and get your bond issued in no time.