What is an Ohio Telephone Solicitor Bond?
A quick guide on how to obtain this type of bond!
The Ohio Attorney General requires any person intending to be issued a certificate of registration to become a Telephone Solicitor in the State of Ohio or is applying for a renewal of registration to furnish an appropriate surety bond.
The surety bond requirement complies with the provisions of Chapter 4719.04 of the Ohio Revised Code or Ohio’s Telephone Solicitation Sales Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Telemarketing Sales Rule, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991.
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount is $50,000.
Those who have excellent credit scores may qualify for a very low bond premium or just 1% of the bond amount!
Find out what you need to pay by getting your FREE quote here!
What are the Telephone Solicitor bond conditions?
- The surety bond company should be authorized to conduct business in the State of Ohio such as Surety Bond Authority
- The surety bond must be approved by the Ohio Attorney General
- A copy of the surety bond should be filed with the Ohio Attorney General
- The bond should be made payable to the State of Ohio for the benefit of the state or any person that is injured by the Telephone Solicitor’s violation of the Code
- The Telephone Solicitor should comply with the provisions of Chapter 4719.01 to 4719.18 of the Ohio Revised Code, Ohio’s Telephone Solicitation Sales Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Telemarketing Sales Rule, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, and all the other applicable rules that govern telephone solicitors in Ohio
- In case of a valid violation committed by the Telephone Solicitor, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the bond
- In case of cancellation, a 30-day notice is required
How can I obtain a Telephone Solicitor bond?
To secure this type of bond, the Telephone Solicitor certificate of registration applicant, or those who are renewing their registration, must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond.
Once the application has been received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate your financial strength, job/business performance history, and your credit score.
Once the pre-qualification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
Are you ready to get started on this bond today? Call us today!