What is a Fund-Raising Counsel or Independent Paid Fund Raiser Bond?
Learn all about this surety bond for paid solicitors in New Jersey!
Every Fund Raising Counsel or Independent Paid Fund Raiser who will have custody or access to the charitable organization’s solicited contributions are required to submit a surety bond to the Attorney General.
This requirement is needed to protect the contributions that the Fund Raising Counsel or Independent Paid Fund Raiser will have legal control of.
The surety bond, which is in pursuance of Section 45:17A-27 of the New Jersey Revised Statutes or the Charitable Registration and Investigation Law, will also ensure that if the person defaults on his or her obligations by committing misconduct, the person or charitable organization that has been affected will be justly compensated.
What is the Fund-Raising Counsel or Independent Paid Fund Raiser Bond amount?
The bond amount is $20,000.
If you have an excellent credit score, you will be eligible for a very low bond premium! Know more by calling us, or GET YOUR FREE SURETY BOND QUOTE HERE!
How can I get a Fund-Raising Counsel or Independent Paid Fund Raiser Bond?
To secure this type of bond, the applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond. If you’re ready to apply for one right now, you may easily do so HERE!
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job/business performance history
- Your credit score
Once the prequalification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
What are the surety bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a surety bond agent or company that is authorized to conduct business in the State of New Jersey
- The surety bond should be made payable to the Attorney General
- The Fund Raising Counsel or Independent Paid Fund Raiser is required to follow the provisions of Sections 45:17A-18 to 45:17A-40 of the New Jersey Statutes, the rules and regulations of the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, as well as the rules set forth by the Attorney General
- If the Fund Raising Counsel or Independent Paid Fund Raiser commits a violation, the aggrieved party or the Obligee will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
Do you have further questions about this bond? Call us at 800-333-7800!