What is a Missouri Bricklayers’ Union Wage and Welfare Bond?
The members of the Mason Contractors Association of St. Louis recognizes the importance of bricklayers, as well as the increased risk of physical strains that bricklayers have.
As ethical and fair employers, the members protect their employed bricklayers through a surety bond.
As part of the agreement between the Mason Contractors Association of St. Louis and the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Local Union No. 1 of Missouri, the former is required to procure a surety bond for the benefit of its employees.
The surety bond will guarantee that the following conditions will be fulfilled:
- The bricklayers will be paid the right salary on time
- The employer will contribute to any or all of the following:
- Bricklayers and Trowel Trades International Pension Fund
- Bricklayers Local No. 1 of Missouri Pension Trust
- Bricklayers Local Union No. 1 of Missouri Welfare Fund
- Bricklayers Local Union No. 1 of Missouri Supplemental Pension Plan
- Masonry Institute of St. Louis Trust
What is the amount of a Bricklayers’ Union Wage and Welfare Bond?
The bond amount varies. It will be determined by the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Local Union No. 1 of Missouri and will be based on the anticipated payroll.
However, the minimum bond should not be less than $3,500.
If you know your bond amount now, you may get your FREE SURETY BOND QUOTE HERE!
How can I get a Bricklayers’ Union Wage and Welfare Bond?
To secure this type of bond, the employer must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond. If you’re ready to apply for one right now, you may easily do so HERE!
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job/business performance history
- Your credit score
Once the prequalification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
What are the bond conditions?
- The bonded contractor is obligated to comply with the Mason Contractors Association of St. Louis and the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Local Union No. 1 of Missouri Agreement.
- The bonded contractor will ensure that his or her bricklayers will be properly paid
- The bonded contractor will faithfully contribute to the trusts as mentioned above or funds
- If the bonded contractor commits an agreement violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
Ready to start? APPLY NOW!