What is a Mississippi Outdoor Advertising Business Bond?
Know what this surety bond is for and how to easily apply for one!
The attention-grabbing power of outdoor advertising is undeniable.
In fact, outdoor advertising is 2 times more effective than television ads!
But like many other things, outdoor ads are governed by rules. Rules that are strengthened by surety bonds.
As a way for the Mississippi Department of Transportation to guarantee strict compliance to the following outdoor advertising rules, a surety bond is required:
- Signs erected before July 1, 2003, should be 1,200 square feet (maximum)
- Signs erected after July 1, 2003, should have a maximum sign face of 672 sq. ft., length 48 ft., and height of 14 ft.
- Signs erected after April 15, 2008, should have a maximum height of 40 ft.
- Signs erected after July 1, 2003, may contain 1 or 2 signs per face
- Illuminated outdoor signs should not imitate traffic control device, railroad sign, or highway directional signs
- The spacing requirement is 500 feet between signs
The surety bond will also be used to remove or adjust the signage if it is not in accordance with the provisions of Section 49-23 of the Mississippi Code Annotated.
What is the Outdoor Advertising Business Bond amount?
The bond amount is $1,000.
If you have an excellent credit score, you will be eligible to pay for a low bond premium!
Check out what you need to pay by getting your FREE SURETY BOND QUOTE HERE!
What are the bond conditions?
- The surety bond agent or company should be authorized to conduct business in the State of Mississippi
- The surety bond should be made payable to the State of Mississippi
- The Principal or the person who is engaged in erecting outdoor signs is obligated to comply with Section 49-23 of the Mississippi Code Annotated, the rules and regulations of the Mississippi Department of Transportation, and all the other applicable rules
- If the Principal commits a valid violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
How can I get an Outdoor Advertising Business Bond?
To secure this type of bond, the Outdoor Advertising Business must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond. If you’re ready to apply for one right now, you may easily do so HERE!
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job/business performance history
- Your credit score
Once the prequalification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
Ready to start on your bond? APPLY HERE!