What is a Minnesota Private Detective or Protective Agent Services Bond?
Learn about one of the most important requirements in becoming a Private Detective or Protective Agent in Minnesota!
The surety bond requirement is in compliance with § 326.3382 of the Minnesota Statutes by the Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services.
It is a prerequisite for all individuals, partnerships, or corporations who are applying to become licensed private detectives or protective agents in the State of Minnesota.
The purpose of this bond is to financially cover the outcome of any misconduct that the private detective or protective agent might commit while they are conducting their duties.
What is the bond amount?
Private Detective – $10,000
Protective Agent – $10,000
Those who have excellent credit scores may qualify for a very low bond premium. The bond premium starts at $100.
Find out what you need to pay by getting your FREE quote here!
What are the Private Detective or Protective Agent Services bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a corporate surety who is authorized to conduct business in the State of Minnesota such as Surety Bond Authority
- The surety bond should be made payable to the State of Minnesota
- The surety bond should be filed to the Board of Private Detective or Protective Agent Services
- The private detective or protective agent is obligated to comply with the provisions of § 326.32 up to § 326.339 of the Minnesota Statutes, the rules and regulations of the Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services, and all the other applicable rules
- If the private detective or protective agent commits a valid violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
How can I obtain this bond?
To secure this type of bond, the licensee or license applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond.
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate your financial strength, job/business performance history, and your credit score.
Once the prequalification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
What are the other Private Detective or Protective Agent Services license requirements?
- Complete the application form
- Complete the informed consent criminal history form
- Submit a recent photograph and a set of fingerprints
- Provide five references who have known you (applicant) for at least 5 years
- Qualified Representative and Minnesota Manager should submit documentation of work experience
- Pay the necessary fees
Ready to apply? Start HERE!