What is a Michigan Sewer Builder Bond – Township of Bloomfield?
The Township of Bloomfield in Oakland County, Michigan requires sewer building and plumbing excavation contractors to obtain a permit and surety bond before being able to work on any installation of public and private sanitary sewer systems within the area.
The Sewer Builder Bond guarantees faithful and honest performance and discharge of all obligations and requirements under the Michigan State Plumbing Code.
The bond is also a financial assurance against damages, claims, and losses resulting from the use of improper materials, faulty construction, and failing to properly protect the work itself or properly providing safety for the employees.
According to the Plumbing Code, R 408.30715 (2), sewer builder/excavation contractors must:
- Be active in the business of serving the public as a contractor in a county, city, village, or township in this state.
- Operate one or more branches in this state bearing the same firm name, where a licensed master plumber is in charge and has the responsibility of supervision at each branch. The names of the authorized master plumbers representing a firm shall be on record with the State Plumbing Board.
What are the bond conditions?
- The bond must be written by a Surety authorized to issue surety bonds in the State of Michigan, particularly the Township of Bloomfield.
- The Principal (sewer builder/plumbing excavator contractor) must be applying to and receive a license in connection with the excavation, plumbing, installing, and making sewer line repairs and replacements within the Township.
- The Principal must perform every agreement and obligation indicated in the Plumbing Code.
- If the Principal adheres to all laws, provisions, and codes governing his/her license, then the obligation will be null and void. Otherwise, it will remain in full force and effect.
- The aggregate liability of the Surety will not exceed the sum of the bond.
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount is $10,000.
Your bond premium will depend on your credit score. Those who have excellent credit scores will have a low bond premium or just 1% of the bond amount!
How do I obtain a Plumber Excavation Bond?
To become a sewer builder/plumbing excavation contractor, you must file an application form provided by the State Plumbing Board and file with the Board at Lansing, Michigan. Before being issued a permit, you will be required to post a surety bond.
Get your Sewer Builder Bond easily from us! We will guide you through the entire process. We’ll make sure that you will understand what you are getting into.
Here’s how to do get bonded:
- You have to send an application to us. If you are ready to do that now, you may APPLY HERE!
- After we have received your application, we will ask you to submit the necessary information needed for the underwriting process. These are the following:
An expert underwriter will carefully evaluate these to attain the best credit decision possible. To avoid any delay, the information that you should submit should be organized and concise.
3. Your surety bond will be issued and sent to you!
Please do not hesitate to contact us today!