What is a Manistee County Road Commission Permit Bond?
The Manistee County Road Commission in Michigan requires contractors who wish to operate, construct, maintain, install, use or remove a right-of-way (ROW) within a county road to furnish a surety bond as part of their application and permit requirements.
The Manistee County Road Commission Permit Bond ensures compliance with county and state laws in conducting lawful construction, operation, maintenance, and removal of roads/right-of-way in Manistee County. The bond ensures that contractors will fulfill their contractual obligations.
A permit is typically granted in line with the preceding application for the start/end period and is subjected to the following terms agreed to by the Permit Holder. When an Applicant hires a Contractor the “Permit Holder” is the Applicant and the Contractor.
What are the bond conditions?
- The bond must be issued by a Surety authorized to issue surety bonds in the State of Michigan, particularly in Manistee County.
- The Principal (road/right-of-way contractors) will perform the undertakings of their application in the manner prescribed in the permit, therefore issued by the Manistee County Road Commission.
- The Principal must pay for all damages to the highway surface or on any highway structure on account of their operations, maintenance, construction, building, moving, and all other damages, fines, and penalties which he or she will become liable to pay.
- The Principal will save said Manistee County Road Commission and the County of Manistee harmless and indemnify them from all suits, claims, damages, and proceedings of every kind arising out of the aforementioned damages and injuries to the highway surface and structure, and shall observe all the terms and conditions of the permit to be issued.
- If the Principal follows all the terms and conditions as agreed, then the bond obligation is considered to be void; otherwise, it will remain in full force and effect.
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount is currently set at $10,000.
The cost of the bond is a percentage of the bond amount, which ranges from 1%-5%. This will be subjected to an underwriting evaluation of your credit score.
How do I obtain a Manistee County Road Commission Permit Bond?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to the bonding process that we have made easier so that you can get your bond in no time:
You must first apply for this type of surety bond. If you are ready to do this now, you may learn more about your bond costs and requirements by getting your FREE quote HERE!
Our expert surety bond agent will guide you through the entire process – from the time you have applied until the bond is issued to you.
Next, you will be asked to submit a few critical information that our underwriter will need to assess the following:
- Your job or business history
- Your credit score
- Your copy of the BOND FORM, which can be obtained from the Manistee County Road Commission
To avoid any delays, please make sure that you have gathered the right information needed before submitting it.
Once the underwriting process is done, we will immediately issue your bond and send it to you right away!