Massachusetts Private Detective or Watch Guard Bond
Dig into the importance of this surety bond!
What is a Private Detective or Watch Guard Bond?
Chapter 147 of the Massachusetts General Laws requires all persons intending to start a private detective business or a watch, guard or patrol agency to apply for a license.
One of the major requirement for the said license is a surety bond. The purpose of the surety bond is to ensure the compliance of the private detective business or a watch, guard or patrol agency to the relevant laws and rules of the Commonwealth when performing the following duties:
- Hiring private investigator or private detectives for the purpose of obtaining information which includes the use of a lie detector
- Hiring watchmen, guards, private patrolmen, or other persons in order to protect a person or a property
If the licensee commits any wrongful acts, the person who will be harmed will be eligible to receive financial compensation by filing a claim against the surety bond.
What is the Private Detective or Watch Guard Bond amount?
The bond amount is $5,000.
If you have an excellent credit score, you will be eligible to pay for a low bond premium!
Check out what you need to pay by getting your FREE SURETY BOND QUOTE HERE!
How can I get a Private Detective or Watch Guard Bond?
In order to secure this type of bond, the license applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond. If you’re ready to apply for one right now, you may easily do so HERE!
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job/business performance history
- Your credit score
Once the prequalification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
What are the surety bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a surety bond agent or company that is authorized to conduct business in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- The surety bond should be made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- The licensed private detective business or watch, guard, or patrol agency must obey the provisions of Chapter 147 of the Massachusetts General Laws as well as the rules and regulations of the Massachusetts Department of State Police
- If the licensed private detective business or watch, guard, or patrol agency commits a violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim against the surety bond