Massachusetts Employment Agency Bond
A quick guide to one of the most important requirements for employment agencies!
What is an Employment Agency Bond?
As required by Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws, all employment agencies within the Commonwealth must apply for a license to the Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards, and that every license application must be accompanied by a surety bond.
The surety bond will ensure that the employment agency will conform to the relevant laws and rules when looking for a suitable employer for an employee.
Any act that is against the state laws and rules that govern the industry will be a ground for a bond claim. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Directing an employee to an employer without a bona fide order
- Intentionally send an employee to an employer that has violated state or federal laws that governs minimum wages or child labor
- Intentionally send an employee to an employer who is engaged in immoral acts
- Force any employee to join the employment agency
What is the Employment Agency Bond amount?
The bond amount is $3,000.
If you have an excellent credit score, you will be eligible to pay for a low bond premium!
Want to get a tailored quote ASAP? Get your FREE SURETY BOND QUOTE HERE!
How can I get an Employment Agency Bond?
Here’s a step-by-step bonding process that we have made easier so that you can get your bond in no time:
You must first apply for this type of surety bond. If you are ready to do this now, you may APPLY HERE!
Our expert surety bond agent will guide you through the entire process – from the time you have applied until the bond is issued to you.
Next, you will be asked to submit a few important information that our underwriter will need to assess the following:
- Your job or business history
- Your credit score
- Your financial strength
To avoid any delays, make sure that you have gathered the right information needed before submitting.
Once the underwriting process is done, we will immediately issue your bond and send it to you right away!
What are the surety bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a surety bond agent or company that is authorized to conduct business in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- The Obligee of the bond will be the People of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- The licensed employment agency must obey the provisions of Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws as well as the rules and regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards
- If the licensed employment agency commits a violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim against the bond