What is the Davenport License and Permit Bond?
The City of Davenport requires a surety bond before a license or permit is issued. There are different types of licenses and permits in Davenport such as, but are not limited to, the following:
- Driveway Permit
- Sidewalk Permit
- Excavation Bond
- Building Permit, Commercial, and Residential
- Contractor License
- Mechanical Permit
- Electrical Permit
- Plumbing Permit
The purpose of the surety bond is to guarantee the proper compliance of the person who has been issued a license or permit to the City of Davenport’s code of ordinances and other relevant laws.
The surety bond will also ensure that anyone who has been harmed by the permit or license holder will be duly compensated.
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount varies. It will depend on the type of license or permit.
Those who have excellent credit scores may be eligible to pay a low bond premium or just 1% of the bond amount!
Get your FREE quote today to determine what you have to pay!
What are the Davenport License and Permit Bond conditions?
- The bond should be issued by a corporate surety who is authorized to conduct business in the State of Iowa
- The surety bond should be made payable to the City of Davenport
- The license or permit holder is obligated to comply with the provisions of the City of Davenport’s code of ordinances, the state laws, and all the other applicable rules and regulations
- If the license or permit holder commits a valid violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
- In case of cancellation, a 60-day notice is required
How can I obtain this type of bond?
To secure this type of bond, the license or permit applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will first be asked to apply for this bond. If you’re ready to apply for one right now, you may easily do so HERE!
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job/business performance history
- Your credit score
Once the prequalification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
Do you need further assistance on these license and permits bonds? Call one of our expert surety bond agents today at 800-333-7800! We’ll be glad to assist you!