What is an Iowa Certificate of Title Bond?
If you are applying for a reissue of a certificate of title for your vehicle, the Iowa Department of Transportation may require you to secure a surety bond as part of the application process.
The surety bond is in pursuance of Chapter 321.24 of the Iowa Code. The purpose of which is to indemnify any security interests that may arise after the certificate of title has been issued.
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount will vary. The bond amount will be determined by the Iowa Department of Transportation, and it will be equal to 1 and ½ times the current amount of the vehicle being applied to a certificate of title.
Those who have excellent credit scores may qualify for a very low bond premium or just 1% of the bond amount!
Find out what needs to pay by getting your FREE quote here!
What is the Certificate of Title Bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a corporate surety who is authorized to conduct business in the State of Iowa such as Surety Bond Authority
- The surety bond should be written on the form prescribed by the Iowa Department of Transportation
- The vehicle owner shall file for the certificate of title to the county treasurer’s office within 30 days after the Iowa Department of Transportation has given him or her the written authorization
- Any security interest and their successors will have the right to file a claim on the surety bond if the issuance of the certificate of title has caused them any damage or harm
- The bond will be returned after 3 years if the following conditions are met:
- The vehicle is no longer registered in Iowa
- The current certificate of title is surrendered back to the Iowa Department of Transportation
- There are no pending actions on the bond
How can I obtain this type of bond?
To secure this type of bond, the certificate of title applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond. If you’re ready to apply for one right now, you may easily do so HERE!
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate your financial strength, job performance history, vehicle history, and credit score.
Once the prequalification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
If you’re ready to get started on your bond, APPLY HERE!