What is an Iowa Bail Enforcement Agency Bond?
Get to know what this bond is for and how to easily apply for one!
The purpose of this surety bond is to indemnify any person who has been harmed by a licensed bail enforcement agency.
A bail enforcement agency is a business entity that takes into custody or pursues the principal on a bail bond issued or a deposit filed about a criminal proceeding.
A surety bond is a licensure requirement mandated by the Division of Administrative Services of the Iowa Department of Public Safety for bail enforcement agencies. The requirement is by Section 80A.10 of the Iowa Code.
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount is $5,000.
Those who have excellent credit scores may be eligible to pay a low bond premium.
Get your FREE quote today to determine what you have to pay!
What are the Bail Enforcement Agency bond conditions?
- The bond should be issued by a corporate surety who is authorized to conduct business in the State of Iowa such as Surety Bond Authority
- The licensed bail enforcement agency is obligated to abide by the provisions of Section 80A of the Iowa Code, the rules and regulations of the Division of Administrative Services of the Iowa Department of Public Safety, and all the other applicable rules that govern bail enforcement agencies in Iowa
- If the licensed bail enforcement agency commits a valid violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
- The surety bond will remain valid until canceled. In the case of cancellation, a 30-day notice is required.
How can I obtain this type of bond?
To secure this type of bond, the licensed Bail Enforcement Agency or license applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will first be asked to apply for this bond.
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job/business performance history
- Your credit score
Once the prequalification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
If you’re ready to start on your bond, start the application process HERE!