What is an Indiana Alcohol Permit Bond?
Obtain your permit through this surety bond!
You need this surety bond if you are applying for any of the following permits:
- Brewer’s Permit
- Liquor Wholesaler’s Permit
- Distiller’s Permit
- Rectifier’s Permit
- Vintner’s Permit
The Alcohol and Tobacco Commission of the State of Indiana requires the aforementioned permit applicants to furnish a surety bond.
This surety bond is a standard permit requirement mandated by Section 7.1-3-1-7 of the Indiana Code. The purposes of the surety bond are as follows:
- Ensure that the permit applicant will conform to the relevant rules of the Indiana Code once the permit is issued
- Indemnify the Obligee (State of Indiana) for any losses incurred due to the Brewer Permittee, Liquor Wholesaler Permittee, Distiller Permittee, Rectifier Permittee, or Vintner Permittee’s non-compliance to the state laws and rules
- Ensure that the permittee will promptly pay the necessary taxes
What is the Alcohol Permit Bond amount?
Vintner’s Permit = $1,000
Brewer’s Permit = $10,000
Liquor Wholesaler’s Permit = $10,000
Distiller’s Permit = $10,000
Rectifier’s Permit = $15,000
Your bond premium will depend on your credit score. Those who have an excellent credit score will be eligible to pay a very low bond premium! Know what you need to pay!
How can I get an Alcohol Permit Bond?
You can easily get one by simply applying for this surety bond! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get this surety bond:
Submit a surety bond application to us! Once we have received your application, we will inform you about the important information or documents that you must submit to move forward to the next step of the bonding process, which is underwriting.
During the underwriting process, our expert underwriter will typically assess your credit score.
It is important to provide us with clear and organized information to prevent any delays. Our expert underwriter will check everything that you have submitted, and once that is finished, we will immediately send the bond to you!
What are the surety bond conditions?
- The Surety should be authorized to do business in the State of Indiana
- The Obligee of the bond should be the State of Indiana for the benefit of any person that will suffer damages due to the Principal’s wrongdoings
- The Brewer Permittee, Liquor Wholesaler Permittee, Distiller Permittee, Rectifier Permittee, or Vintner Permittee should comply with the provisions of Title 7.1 of the Indiana Code, as well as the rules and regulations of the Alcohol and Tobacco Commission of the State of Indiana
- If the Brewer Permittee, Liquor Wholesaler Permittee, Distiller Permittee, Rectifier Permittee, or Vintner Permittee commits a valid violation, the Obligee will be eligible to file for a claim against the surety bond
Ready to apply? START HERE!