What is a Georgia Tire Carrier Bond?
A quick to this important requirement for tire carriers in Georgia!
The improper management of scrap tires has caused a great strain on the environment. Over a billion scrap tires rest in various stockpiles due to illegal dumping. This can be a catalyst for different problems such as fire and mosquito-related illnesses.
To prevent these detrimental outcomes, the State of Georgia obligates tire carriers to submit a surety bond.
A surety bond is a requirement needed for the issuance of a tire carrier permit. It will serve as a guarantee to the Environmental Protection Division of Georgia’s Department of Natural Resources that the tire carrier will perform his or her duties according to the provisions of the Georgia Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Act such as:
- Recycling, chopping, and shredding of scrap tires in an environment-friendly manner before disposal
- Submit a report to the Environmental Protection Division on the number of scrap tires disposed of and how they were disposed
- Storing 100 or fewer scrap tires within Georgia
What is the Tire Carrier Bond amount?
The bond amount varies. It will be determined by Georgia’s Director of the Environmental Protection Division of the Department of Natural Resources.
However, the bond amount will not be less than $10,000, or more than $20,000.
You can get your FREE SURETY BOND QUOTE HERE if you already know your bond amount. Those who have excellent credit scores can pay as little as $100 for the bond premium!
How can I get a Tire Carrier Bond?
To secure this type of bond, the permit applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond. If you’re ready to apply for one right now, you may easily do so HERE!
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job/business performance history
- Your credit score
make sure to include the bond form (which can be obtained from the State Department of Natural Resources Environmental Protection Division)
Once the pre-qualification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
What are the surety bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a surety bond agent or company that is licensed to perform such duties in Georgia
- The surety bond should be made payable to Georgia’s Director of the Environmental Protection Division of the Department of Natural Resources
- The tire carrier should obey all the provisions of the Georgia Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Act, as well as the rules and regulations of the Environmental Protection Division
- In case of violation, the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
Ready to start on your bond? APPLY HERE!