What is a Georgia Paid Solicitor Bond?
Learn all about this surety bond for paid solicitors in Georgia!
Paid solicitors perform a wide array of important functions for a charitable organization. This includes:
- Soliciting contributions
- Serving as a fundraiser counsel
- Holds a collection receptacle for the benefit of a charitable organization
Do you do any of the tasks mentioned above? If so, you need this surety bond!
Any person who is intending to be a registered paid solicitor in the State of Georgia, or who is renewing a registration, is required to submit a surety bond along with their application to the Secretary of State.
This requirement is needed to protect the contributions that the paid solicitor will have legal control of. The surety bond, which is in pursuance of Section 43-17-4 of the Georgia Code, will also ensure that if the paid solicitor defaults on his or her obligations by committing misconduct, the person or charitable organization that has been affected will be justly compensated.
What is the Paid Solicitor Bond amount?
The bond amount is $10,000.
If you possess an excellent credit score, you will be eligible for a very low bond premium! Call us to know more by calling us, or GET YOUR FREE SURETY BOND QUOTE HERE!
How can I get a Paid Solicitor Bond?
To secure this type of bond, the applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond. If you’re ready to apply for one right now, you may easily do so HERE!
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond. We will make sure that you understand all the conditions before we issue the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job/business performance history
- Your credit score
Once the pre-qualification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
What are the surety bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a surety bond agent or company that is authorized to conduct business in the State of Georgia
- The surety bond should be made payable to the Secretary of State of Georgia
- The registered paid solicitor is required to follow the provisions of Title 43 Section 17 of the Georgia Code, as well as the rules and regulations set forth by the Secretary of State of Georgia
- If the registered paid solicitor commits a violation, the aggrieved party or the Obligee will be eligible to file a claim on the surety bond
Do you have further questions about this bond? Call us at 800-333-7800!