What is a Georgia Certificate of Title Bond?
Get your certificate of title replaced through this surety bond!
Getting your certificate of title is easier than you think. Instead of providing more documents to obtain one, you can simply acquire a surety bond!
This surety bond is required of certain individuals who are having their lost or destroyed certificate of title replaced. If the Commissioner of Revenue is not entirely convinced with regard to the owner of the vehicle in question, the Commissioner will ask the applicant to submit a surety bond.
The surety bond will serve as a guarantee to the Commissioner of Revenue that if any previous owner or other security interests stake a claim on the vehicle after the certificate of title has been reissued, the said person or persons will be compensated.
The surety bond requirement is in line with Section 40-3-28 of the Georgia Code.
What is the Certificate of Title Bond amount?
The surety bond amount will depend on the vehicle’s value which will be determined by the Commissioner of Revenue or authorized county tag agent.
Once you have determined your bond amount, we can give you a tailored quote for your bond premium.
If you want to find out what you need to pay, GET YOUR FREE QUOTE HERE today!
How can I get a Certificate of Title Bond?
To secure this type of bond, the applicant must seek the assistance of a surety bond company.
You will be asked to apply for this bond. If you’re ready to apply for one right now, you may easily do so HERE!
Once the application is received, the surety bond company will immediately process it. In our case, one of our expert surety bond agents will guide you through the whole process from the time you applied for the bond.
An underwriter will then evaluate the following:
- Your financial strength
- Your job/business performance history
- Your credit score
Once the pre-qualification process is fulfilled, we will execute the bond and send it to you!
What are the surety bond conditions?
- The surety bond should be issued by a surety bond agent or company that is authorized to do business in the State of Georgia
- The surety bond should be made payable to Georgia’s Commissioner of Revenue
- The surety bond should compensate the following:
- Prior owner
- Security interest holder
- The subsequent purchaser of the vehicle
- The respective successors of any of the person mentioned above
- The persons above will be able to get compensation up to the penal sum of the surety bond
- The surety bond should be valid for four years
Get your certificate of title without delay! APPLY for this surety bond today!