What is a Florida Fertilizer Dealer Bond?
Fertilizer dealer applications must be accompanied by a surety bond as obligated by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Agricultural Environmental Services.
A Fertilizer Dealer Bond is a surety bond that will serve as the fertilizer dealers’ guarantee that they will perform their duties in a just and rightful manner. Some of the aforementioned duties are, but not limited to, the following:
- Pay the inspection fee of $1/ton on time and in full
- Maintain an accurate record of the tonnage of fertilizer sold
- Allows the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Agricultural Environmental Services to verify the tonnage reports and the payment of inspection fees
Non-compliance with the laws and rules that govern fertilizer dealers in the State of Florida will be a ground for a bond claim.
What is the Fertilizer Dealer Bond amount?
The bond amount will vary per fertilizer dealer license applicant. The minimum bond amount, however, should be $1,000.
Highest Amount of Amount of Bond
Fees Paid During a Single Month of Deposit Required
The Previous Year
0 – $1,000 $1,000
1,001 – 3,000 $3,000
3,001 – 5,000 $5,000
5,001 – 7,000 $7,000
7,001 – 9,000 $9,000
9,001 – 11,000 $11,000
Over 11,000 $15,000
If you have an excellent credit score, you will be eligible for a very low bond premium! Know what you need to pay right now! GET YOUR FREE QUOTE HERE today!
How can I get a Fertilizer Dealer Bond?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to the bonding process that we have made easier so that you can get your bond in no time:
STEP 1: BOND APPLICATION
You must first apply for this type of surety bond. If you are ready to do this now, you may APPLY HERE!
From the moment you apply until the bond is issued, our expert surety bond agent will walk you through the entire process.
STEP 2: ASSESSMENT
Following that, you’ll be asked to provide some crucial information that our underwriter will need to evaluate the following:
- Your credit score
- Your job or business history
- Your financial strength
To avoid any delays, please make sure that you have gathered the right information needed before submitting it.
STEP 3: BOND ISSUANCE
We will issue your bond and give it to you as soon as the underwriting process is completed!
What are the surety bond conditions?
- The surety bond must name the Commissioner of Agriculture of the State of Florida as the Obligee
- The surety bond should be issued by a Florida-authorized surety
- If the licensed fertilizer dealer commits a valid violation, the Obligee or the aggrieved party will be eligible to file a claim against the surety bond
- The licensed fertilizer dealer must comply with the provisions of Chapter 576 of the Florida Statutes, Rule 5E-1.012, Florida Administrative Code, and the rules and regulations of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Agricultural Environmental Services