What is a Colorado Certificate of Title Bond?
No vehicle title? No problem! A surety bond is all you need!
Do you intend to apply for a Certificate of Title for your car? Before you do that, you have to make sure that you obtain this bond first.
The Colorado statute declares that if the applicant is unable to provide the Director or an agent proof of vehicle ownership, the said individual should furnish a bond from a reputable surety bond company such as Surety Bond Authority.
What is the bond amount?
If the vehicle is less than seven years old, the vehicle’s value stated in the price guide books will be the bond amount.
If there is an existing lien, the bond amount should be the same as the lien or twice the actual value of the vehicle subjected to the assessment of the County Assessor.
So, for example, the County Assessor has determined that your vehicle’s actual value is $10,000. Your bond amount will be $20,000.
Your bond premium varies. Those who have excellent credit scores may qualify for a very low bond premium or just 1% of the bond amount!
Find out what have to pay by getting a FREE quote here!
What are the bond conditions?
- The bond applicant must have the vehicle in his possession.
- The vehicle must be in Colorado.
- There is no recorded lien in the vehicle’s history. A lien is someone who has a legally binding right to the vehicle that you have, due to a debt owed.
- If there is a lien recorded, the lien must be released.
- Include the owner’s statement as to how, when, and where the vehicle came into his possession
- The source of the vehicle title should be included as well
- If the filing of the Certificate of Title has caused damage to any person, that person may file a claim on the bond
Once a valid surety bond has been obtained, the certificate of title will now be known as a Bonded Title.
How can I obtain this bond?
You can get this bond by submitting an application.
Once we have received your application, we will ask you to submit critical information needed for the underwriting process such as your financial history, your job performance history, and your credit score. An underwriter will evaluate all those information.
Depending on the bond amount, some individuals may be exempted from the underwriting process.
The issuance of the bond will come next. We will send it over to you immediately!
What else are the other requirements?
- The vehicle should be inspected. A Peace Officer Standards should complete a Certified VIN Inspection form (DR 2704), and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified inspector.
- Completed Motor Vehicle Record Search Request form (DR 2489A)
- Completed Colorado Title Record Search form (DR 2539)
- Indicate whether the vehicle is now salvaged or has been recovered
- Pay the necessary fees
Get in touch with us today to get your Colorado Certificate of Title Surety Bond!